piątek, 19 lutego 2021

POLAND FOR FOUR HANDS&PIANODUO ARTISTS

 

REFLECTION:

 

     It is truly beneficial and beautiful the phenomenon that there are  more and more CDs with recordings of Polish solo and ensemble music available on the market, as that music has until recently been relegated to the limbo of ignorance or oblivion. Let me mention two CDs as an example of that new, commendable trend. The first is  POLSKA NA 4 RĘCE (Poland for Four Hands)   Zarębski Piano Duo composed of two gentlemen: Grzegorz Mania and Piotr Różański. The other one, presenting pianoforte duos is  PIANODUO ARTISTS, performed by  two ladies: Joanna Derenda-Łukasik and Marzena Buchwald.

            Listening to these two CDs, one can note  the difference between the male and female sensitivity. Both recordings are - at least in my view - masterful, but it seems that the male artists contributed more sophistication, and the female ones - more spontaneity. 

     Excellent professional  and personal background is an obvious condition for the success of every performance, but it is particularly important in the case of Polish music, which is less known worldwide. 

     I am neither a  reviewer nor a critic. Actually,   I share my personal comments with certain embarrassment and discomfort, because an evaluation of an artist by another has always felt a bit unseemly for me. 

     All the differences and divergences aside, the Polish background and character of those recordings may prove to be their most valuable feature. I would not speak for others, but  Polish art and creativity invariably have made me feel proud and dignified. However, I would never venture to drape Polish music in cosmopolitan rags which can be caricatured to deform the beauty of our national opera and other art.

       The two CDs mentioned above are but an example illustrating my cultural expectations.  I have always been of the opinion that the standard of performance must be top class.  Only then will the Music have a chance to defend itself without any excessive maneuvers which in my view can do more harm than good. 

    The discussed recordings are a part of the world in which perfect performances express the "soul music" of numerous generations and move the audience to tears.  For this reason, they deserve a wise promotion. 

 

    

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz