niedziela, 3 lipca 2022

STEFAN KAMASA: PORTRAIT WITH A VIOLA

  

 

STEFAN KAMASA: PORTRAIT WITH A VIOLA

Listened to and compiled by Błażej Maliszewski (Pelpin 2021)

         

         REFLECTIONS

Personality:

·        Reading this exquisite, excellent publication, I was full of admiration and appreciation.

·        Although Stefan Kamasa was my friend of many years, and we had been long working together, I became fully aware of the stunning dimension of his extraordinary personality only after reading this essay.

Profession:

·        A master of his instrument and profession, Stefan Kamasa successfully realized his talent in many ways. 

·        He was a universal viola player, worthy of the highest admiration.

An initiator:

·        Stefan Kamasa realized his musical passion not only when performing music; he was full of initiative.

·        It is to him, to his initiative and persuasion, that the world owes the creation of outstanding works for viola and orchestra by Grażyna Bacewicz, Tadeusz Baird, Roman Palester, Krzysztof Penderecki, and several other artists. 

My personal reflection: 

·        Stefan Kamasa holds a prominent place in the elite of illustrious partners bestowed upon me by Fate.

·        His interpretation always seemed perfectly obvious to me. Everything was comprehensible and crystal clear.

·        I had the impression that Stefan also felt comfortable with my playing.

·        This feeling of comfort was based on natural singing.

·         Stefan sang with his viola!

·        Before my right-hand impairment prevented me from playing at all, I was sometimes able to persuade my  Steinway to start singing instead of simply responding to my tapping.            

                          Prof.Jerzy Marchwiński

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz