poniedziałek, 14 czerwca 2021

On-line concerts at the Academy of Music, May 2021

 

Warsaw, June 9 th,  2021

 

On-line concerts at the Academy of Music in Gdansk,  May 2021.

 

Performers: (Online: GRaMuz#23 and GRaMuz#26)

Prof. Anna Prabucka-Firlej

Young Artists: Adrianna CIEMIŃSKA, Anna FENDER,

Jakub Grzelachowski, Adam BRUDEREK

 

REFLECTION:

         

This will be a short REFLECTION in three parts:

Part One, Personal

Part Two, The Professor

Part Three, Young Artists

 

    1. Part One, Personal.

 

     A review is the territory of critics and reviewers. However,  I am just a former performer; this position gives me more freedom in expressing my opinions.  Generally, I distinguish between two types of performers: rhythmists and melodists (to use my personal terminology). A rhythmist is a performer who cannot even play Old MacDonald without counting and emphasizing the rhythm. And a  melodist can sing even Prokofiev's Toccata (Martha!). This translates into the logic of narration, articulation, and dramaturgy of content. (Forgive me, dear rhythmists, but in my opinion, you just play about nothing).            

     I will always remember Chopin's priceless adage that music is supposed to speak and the pianist is supposed to sing.  With all due respect,   if the pianist is unable to sing, his music is merely organized noise.

 

    2.  The  Professor

 

     If I were to use one word to describe the personality of Professor Anna Prabucka and her artistic, didactic, and organizational abilities, it would be:   phenomenal!

     The Professor belongs to a small elite of my preferred singing pianists.

     In my opinion, this privilege is a gift she is endowed with, a talent that cannot be taught.

     One can keep improving  one's professional skills and  it is quite feasible, but no one has yet succeeded in teaching a talent.

     What I was able to hear and observe in her May frolics online  was an incessant   demonstration of singing, phrasing, mood, timing, articulation, chord drama, and cantilena, not to mention perfect partnering.

     I can imagine  that those young artists incredibly benefited   not only from the performance itself, even if published online, but from the chance – even a brief one -  to enjoy the  inspiring instruction and exploration   together with their Professor.

     I was impressed by her professional, artistic space. All the young people, collaborating on stage with this Outstanding Artist, seemed to feel very comfortable there.

 

    3. Young artists

 

     In my view, this name is fully justified.

     When I turned  my laptop on, I expected to hear some standard, student performance, which I was supposed to listen to part out of obligation.

     I must confess that my joy and satisfaction skyrocketed when the expected academic standard proved to be the philharmonic standard, as  I like to name it.

     What particularly won me over in their performance was the freedom and artistic space, probably derived from Professor Anna Prabucka, as well as  the impressive level of their instrumental skills.         

 

                  Prof. Jerzy Marchwiński

   

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz